Courtesy of Lincoln University Athletics
Lincoln (Pa.) 1-9-1
Winner Kutztown 8-4
W: D. Proietto (3-0) L: Sanchez, Gabriel (1-1)
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Lincoln University of Pennsylvania baseball program lost game one by an 11-1 margin and almost came back from a three-run hole in the final frame but ultimately came up one run shy in a 3-2 decision.
What You Need to Know:
- Game 1 (7 Innings): Kutztown 11 | Lincoln (PA) 1
- Game 2 (7 Innings): Kutztown 3 | Lincoln (PA) 2
- Records: Lincoln-PA (1-10-1, 0-0 ECC) | Kutztown (9-4, 0-0 PSAC)
- Location: Kutztown, Pennsylvania – North Campus Field
- Winning Streak: Kutztown (W7) | Lincoln (PA)’s Last Win: None Since 1999
Lincoln (PA) Top Performers:
- David Estevez (Philadelphia, Penn./Olney Charter) was saddled with an unfortunate defeat despite not giving up a single earned run, striking out three and allowing just two hits as well as two unearned scores.
- Miguel Agramonte (Fallston, Md./Fallston) had the lone extra-base hit out of the five that the Orange and Blue accumulated during the entirety of the doubleheader plus a sacrifice bunt thrown in.
- Wesley Hogan (Washington, D.C./The Maret School) was the only student-athlete to reach base twice all day, walking twice and scoring once.
- Darrion Williams (East Hartford, Conn./East Hartford) slapped a single and then snagged a stolen base while DeAndre Bowens (Rock Hill, N.Y./Monticello), Jaden Greenidge (Richmond, Va./Monacan), Josiah Bowles (Plant City, Fla./Carlos Beltran Baseball Academy), and Bryce Oliver (Williamstown, N.J./St. Augustine’s Prep) all collected one-baggers while Solomon Devard (Bear, Del./MOT Charter) coaxed a base on balls.
- From the Golden Bears to the Bloomfield Bears, the Lions host BC on Tuesday afternoon at 2 p.m. inside the LU Baseball Complex.