From the Southwestern Athletic Conference:
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The Southwestern Athletic Conference has announced hosting scenarios for the upcoming Cricket Wireless SWAC Football Championship presented by Pepsi Zero Sugar.
If Arkansas-Pine Bluff wins its final regular season game versus Texas Southern, and Alabama A&M loses its final regular season game versus Mississippi Valley State, UAPB will host the championship game.
If Alabama A&M wins its final regular season game versus Mississippi Valley State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff loses its final regular season game versus Texas Southern, AAMU will host the championship game.
If the Alabama A&M Bulldogs and Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions both win their next scheduled contests versus Mississippi Valley State and Texas Southern respectively (April 24) the league will implement its host tiebreaker policy.
SWAC Football Championship Host Tiebreaker Policy
1. Head-to-Head Competition
2. Overall conference record versus common divisional and non-divisional opponents
3. Record versus non-divisional opponents
4. Football Championship Subdivision Coaches Poll (FCS) ranking
5. NCAA FCS Simple Ratings System
6. Best point differential between the tied teams, common head-to-head match ups
7. Best point differential between the tied teams common head-to-head match ups, against teams with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish
8. Coin flip
About the SWAC
The Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) is considered one of the premier HBCU conferences in the country and currently ranks among the elite in the nation in terms of HBCU alumni playing with professional sports teams.
Current championship competition offered by the league includes competition for men in Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Indoor Track and Field, Outdoor Track and Field and Tennis.
Women’s competition is offered in the sports of Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Track and Field, Outdoor Track and Field, Soccer, Softball, Tennis and Volleyball.
Follow the SWAC
For complete coverage of the Southwestern Athletic Conference, please follow the SWAC on social media at @TheSWAC (Twitter), @TheSWAC (Facebook), and @TheSWAC (Instagram) or visit the official home of the Southwestern Athletic Conference at www.swac.org.