Team USA has finalized their roster for the FIBA World Cup.
That roster will not include Kyle Kuzma. The Lakers wing went down with an ankle injury prior to Team USA’s 98-94 loss to Australia Saturday and that will keep him out of the international competition, announced USA Basketball on Saturday.
Sans Kuzma, here is the 12-man roster:
- Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings)
- Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics)
- Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets)
- Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
- Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets)
- Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics)
- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
- Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers)
- Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics)
- Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs)
Derrick White took a hard fall that required four stitches over his left eye, but is not expected to miss any time. Marcus Smart returns to the team after being out for the last three weeks with an inured calf.
Despite all the injuries and the withdrawals, Team USA seeks to make it three straight FIBA World Cups, a feat that has never been accomplished in the history of the competition.
Team USA opens up against the Czech Republic on August 31, the opening day of the World Cup