From Grambling State Athletic Communications:
GRAMBLING, La. | The Grambling State University women’s soccer team surrendered a goal in the 68th minute as Louisiana-Monroe defeated the Lady Tigers, 1-0, on Sunday afternoon at the GSU Soccer Complex.
HOW IT HAPPENED
– After a scoreless first half, Louisiana-Monroe (3-0) broke loose with a goal in the 68th minute
– Mara Grutkamp saw a streaking Courtney Marten, who received the ball and slid it past Grambling State goalkeeper Rachel Pugh, giving ULM a 1-0 lead.
– Grambling State nearly tied the game in the final minutes as Kararon Powell’s shot went just over the cross bar
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
– Rachel Pugh played all 90 minutes in goal for the Lady Tigers, finishing with three saves
– Hailey Hillcock registered four saves for the Warhawks
– Grambling State finished with six shots, with four on goal
– Louisiana-Monroe registered 11 total shots, including three on target
– ULM held a 3-1 advantage in corner kicks
– There were 21 total fouls in the match
– There were three total yellow cards
NEWS & NOTES
– Grambling State played the second of 11 home games this season
– The Lady Tigers have dropped its last three games by one-goal deficits
– Rachel Pugh has started in goal in the last three contests after coming off the bench in the season-opener at Lamar
Grambling State continues to its five-game homestand with a 1 p.m. match on Sunday, Sept. 5against Nicholls State at the GSU Soccer Complex.