From Alabama State Athletics
Alabama State will travel to Louisiana this weekend as they begin a two-game stint beginning with a matchup against Grambling State on Saturday, February 5. Tip-off is set for 12 noon in the Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center.
Date: February 5, 2022
Tip: 12 pm
Site: Grambling, La. | Willis Reed Court at the Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center
Watch Live | Tigers All-Access
Listen Live | Red Peach Sports
- Saturday’s matchup is the 87th matchup between the two programs all time, starting with their first matchup in 1982. Grambling State won the initial matchup by a score of 82-68.
- Alabama State has won three of the last four meetings in the series yet trail the all-time series 36-51. They hold a 11-29 record inside the Hobdy Assembly Center.
- The Hornets closed out the month of January with a 81-64 win over Bethune-Cookman on January 29 and a 73-57 win over Florida A&M 73-57.
- Alabama State is currently tied for third in the conference standings at 6-3, tied with Alabama A&M and a game ahead of Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Grambling State and Texas Southern who are all at 5-4.
- Grambling State is 8-12 overall so far this season, defeating non-conference opponents in Louisiana-Monroe, Northwestern State and New Orleans earlier this year.
- The Tigers have three double-figure scorers on the season, led by Alexus Holt at 17.3 points, followed by Justice Coleman scoring 12.0 points and Ariel Williams at 10.2 points per contest.
Follow The Hornets
For complete coverage of Alabama State University women’s basketball, follow the Hornets on social media at @BamaStateWBB (Twitter), @BamaStateSports (Instagram) and /BamaStateSports (Facebook) and visit the official home of Alabama State athletics at www.bamastatesports.com.