From Scott Polacek of B/R:
He did it.
Tom Brady is a Super Bowl champion for the seventh time in his illustrious career, only this time as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He and the defense helped lead the Buccaneers to a 31-9 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LV at Raymond James Stadium to win their second Lombardi Trophy in franchise history.
Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs couldn’t even score a touchdown against the stout Buccaneers defense, meaning they were unable to become the the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowls since the New England Patriots did so in the 2003 and 2004 seasons.
Notable Player Stats
- Tom Brady, QB, TB: 21-of-29 for 201 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
- Leonard Fournette, RB, TB: 16 carries for 89 yards, 1 TD; 4 catches for 46 yards
- Rob Gronkowski, TE, TB: 6 catches for 67 yards, 2 TDs
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, KC: 26-of-49 for 270 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
- Travis Kelce, TE, KC: 10 catches for 133 yards
- Tyreek Hill, WR, KC: 7 catches for 73 yards