Rajon Rondo agrees to 2-year, $15 million deal with Atlanta Hawks

from Paul Kasabian of B/R: Free-agent point guard Rajon Rondo has reportedly agreed to a two-year, $15 million contract with the Atlanta Hawks, per Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium and Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. The 34-year-old was an indispensable member of the Los Angeles Lakers‘ rotation during their postseason run to a 17th NBA title. He averaged 8.9 points, 6.6 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game off the bench for the team while shooting 40.0 percent from three-point range in the playoffs. Rondo, who has played 14 NBA seasons, was limited by injury last year…

Read More

Gordon Hayward agrees to 4 year, $120 million deal with Charlotte Hornets

from Blecher Report’s Scott Polacek; Gordon Hayward‘s time with the Boston Celticsis over. The Charlotte Hornetsagreed to a deal with the forward on Saturday worth $120 million over four years, Hayward’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. This comes after Bartelstein told Wojnarowskithat his 30-year-old client opted out of his $34.2 million contract option with the Celtics and became an unrestricted free agent. Before he did that, there were trade rumors circulating involving Hayward. Ian Begley of SNY reported in October that members of the Indiana Pacers front office were interested in trading for him, while Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer (h/t RealGM) reported the…

Read More

Fred Van Vleet agrees to 4 year , $85 million deal with Toront Raptors

From Tim Daniels of B/R: The Toronto Raptors and combo guard Fred VanVleet reached an agreement Saturday on a new contract. Brian Jungreis, VanVleet’s agent, told Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium the deal will be worth $85 million over four years with a player option for the final season. VanVleet steadily developed from a little-used reserve into an impact starter over the past four years with the Raptors. It was a growth process that included a key role off the bench during the team’s run to the 2018-19 NBAchampionship. The 26-year-old Wichita State product is…

Read More

Raptors will tip-off 2020-21 season in Tampa

Team president Masai Ujiri says Toronto will play at least the start of 2020-21 outside of Canada. Rob Maaddi | The Associated Press The Toronto Raptors will start the NBA season next month in Tampa, Florida, because of travel restrictions the Canadian government has put in place stemming from the pandemic. The Raptors had been looking at other sites for several weeks, including Sunrise, Florida, the home of the NHL’s Florida Panthers. But with NBA training camp less than two weeks away and a season starting on Dec. 22, the…

Read More

Joe Harris agrees to 4 year, $75 million deal with Nets

From Jack Mahoney of cbssports.com: The Brooklyn Nets have made their first big move of the offseason. On Friday night, just a few hours after free agency opened up, the Nets agreed to a four-year, $75 million deal with Joe Harris, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski. This is the first significant payday for the former second-round pick.  Immediately giving Harris nearly $20 million per year shows just how much the Nets valued one of the league’s best 3-point shooters. His ability to space the floor and move without the ball will be…

Read More

John Wall wants out of Washington, talks of Westbrook swap

from Sam Quinn of cbssports.com: Russell Westbrook may want out of Houston, but his enormous contract has made finding a trade destination difficult. John Wall is in a similar situation. According to The Athletic’s Shams Charania, he too wants a trade, but money makes finding one difficult. Both are owed $132.6 million over the next three seasons. They are both poor shooters that appear past their prime from an age and health standpoint. Unsurprisingly, few teams appear interested in taking on that much money for either player, so according to Charania, the Wizards and Rockets are discussing one with…

Read More

76ers and Dwight Howard agree on one year deal

from B/R’s Tim Daniels: The Philadelphia 76ersand center Dwight Howard reached an agreement on a one-year deal on Friday, which his agent, Charles Briscoe, confirmed to Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium.  Bobby Marks of ESPN reported the deal is for the veteran minimum exception of $2.6 million. Howard put together a resurgent season with the Los Angeles Lakers by carving out an important bench role with the NBA champions. He averaged 7.5 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.1 blocks while playing 18.9 minutes per game in 69 regular-season appearances. The 34-year-old remained a key asset during the Lakers’ playoff run,…

Read More

Montrezl Harrrell agrees to 2-year, $19 Million deal with Lakers

from Tyler Conway of Bleacher Report: The Los Angeles Lakers and forward Montrezl Harrell reportedly agreed to a deal, per Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium. Agent Rich Paul confirmed the terms of the deal to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski: two years and $19 million with an option for the second season. The Lakers used the mid-level exception on the deal. Harrell spent the last three seasons with the Clippers, emerging as one of the NBA‘s best bench players. He averaged 18.6 points and 7.1 rebounds last season while providing energy off the bench for an L.A. Clippers team that reached…

Read More

Goran Dragic resigns with the Heat

From the South Florida Sun Sentinel’s Ira Winderman: Goran Dragic confirmed during the opening minute of Friday’s NBA free-agency negotiation period that he will return to the Miami Heat. The agreement means the Heat effectively are removed from the salary-cap space game to directly sign a high-priced outside free agent. Dragic made his announcement on social media, posting, “I’m glad that I can announce that I’m staying.”

Read More

Klay Thompson out for season with torn Achilles

Sad news out of Warrior land. From Jenna Ciccotelli of Bleacher Report: The Golden State Warriors announced Thursday that guard Klay Thompson is expected to miss his second straight season because of a leg injury. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski first reported Thompson tore his Achilles during a workout Wednesday, though he is expected to make a full recovery. He missed the 2019-20 season after he tore the ACL in his left knee during Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals. Wojnarowski reported Wednesday the 30-year-old would undergo tests over the following days, but “the severity of the injury is unclear.”…

Read More