According to the NYPD a pair of robbers are targeting people trying to sell various high-end sneakers and other goods via Facebook. Since April, the dastardly duo has have robbed six people in Brooklyn, NY. NYPD have surmised their modus operandi consists of making arrangements with prospective sellers to purchase a product; however at the meeting, the robbers flashed guns instead of cash.
According to the NYPD, their laundry list of criminal acts are as follows:
- On Friday, April 28th at approximately 10:40 a.m., an individual removed 21 year-old male victim’s Adidas sneakers in front of 2597 Bedford Avenue.
- On Friday, May 5th at approximately 9:40 a.m., an individual simulated a firearm and removed the 18 year-old male victim’s Yeezy sneakers in the vicinity of Avenue D and East 25 Street.
- On Friday, June 16th at approximately 3:40 p.m., two individuals approached 17 year-old male victim in the vicinity of Cortelyou Road and East 21 Street and displayed a firearm. The individuals removed a pair of Yeezy sneakers and fled.
- On Friday, June 23rd, between 11:50 a.m. and 12:06 p.m., the individual displayed a firearm inside Burger King, located at 2848 Church Avenue, and demanded the 16 year-old victim’s property. The individual removed Yeezy sneakers, an iPhone, and a backpack.
- On Monday, July 10th, at approximately 11:54 a.m., the individual displayed a firearm to the 18 year-old male victim inside Burger King, located at 2848 Church Avenue. The individual removed the victim’s Apple Watch and $229 in cash.
- On Wednesday, July 12th, at 11:10 a.m., the individual walked up to the 20 year-old male victim inside the Newkirk Avenue “5” train subway station and punched him in his face. The individual removed two pairs of Yeezy sneakers and fled.
The police is requesting that anyone with information about these events, call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). Tips can also be submitted at the Crime Stoppers website, www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting CRIMES (274637) then enter TIP577.