Courtesy of Mississippi Valley State Athletics
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Mississippi Valley State University men’s basketball program got its first double-double of the 2022-23 campaign out of Alvin Stredic, but the cadets from the United States Air Force Academy prevailed, 64-51.
What You Need to Know:
- Score: Air Force 64 | Mississippi Valley State 51
- Records: Mississippi Valley State (1-6, 0-0 SWAC) | Air Force (3-3, 0-0 Mountain West)
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado – Clune Arena
- Series History: Air Force Leads 3-0
- Winning Streak: Air Force (W3) | Mississippi Valley State’s Last Win: N/A
- All-Time History vs. Mountain West Opponents: Mountain West 13-0
Mississippi Valley State Top Performers:
- Alvin Stredic became the first MVSU basketball player, men or women, to notch a double-double this season as he went for a team-best 12 points, a game/season-high 12 rebounds, one of the team’s two blocks plus an assist while shooting 50% from the hardwood (5-for-10).
- Kadar Waller tied his season-best of 11 points, being the only Devil to knock down a pair of threes.
- Terry Collins was held in check by his lofty early season standards, dropping 11 points on top of five boards for the third consecutive contest.
- The Green and White clad men had more points in the paint (24-18) and on second chance opportunities (17-10).
- The Delta Devils won the rebounding battle for the second straight contest, going for a plus-eight margin of 31 to 23.
- Mississippi Valley set a new season-low only 11 personal fouls called on them and had its second-cleanest game turnover-wise with just 11 as well.
Valley stays in the Rocky Mountain range for a Saturday showdown with the Colorado State Rams at 2 p.m. central time in Colorado Springs.
Next Game: at Colorado State 11/26/2022 | 2 p.m. Mountain West Network