Since its inception in 2022,the HBCU Legacy, which is presented by the Black College Football Hall of Fame, is a postseason contest that displays top-tier NFL draft eligible HBCU football talent.
Consisting of more than the game, it is rather a week-long celebration that not only gives these talented players national exposure , but that of black culture an pieas well.
— HBCU LEGACY BOWL (@HBCULegacyBowl) November 15, 2022
Tuesday morning the Legacy Bowl announced that Albany State senior linebacker Stephan Pierre was selected to take part in the game. Pierre who is the reigning SIAC Defensive Player of the Year and Overall Player of the Year. This season recorded 84 tackles ( 58 solo, 26 assisted) , 9 tackles for loss, and 5 sacks in leading a defensive unit that was ranked second in the SIAC.
Along with Pierre, here is the current list of players slated to participate in the game:
- Andrew Farmer, Defensive End , Lane College
- Jason Dumas, Defensive Lineman, Southern University
- Mark Evans II, Offensive Lineman, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Darius Hagans, Running Back, Virginia State University
- Larry Harrington, Quarterback, Langston University
- Joshua Pryor, Defensive Lineman, Bowie State University
- Markel Scott, Running Back, Langston University
- Ronnie Thomas, Defensive Lineman, Mississippi Valley State University