Courtesy of Tuskegee Athletics
TUSKEGEE, Ala. – The Tuskegee women’s basketball program will host both Savannah State and Edward Waters over the weekend in Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) action, both inside of the Daniel “Chappie” James Center.
The Golden Tigers (7-4, 2-2 SIAC) are coming off a 77-75 overtime loss to Florida A&M on Monday evening, however are undefeated in conference play so far this year.
Tip: Thursday, December 15 l 5:30 pm
Location: Tuskegee, Ala.
Venue: Daniel “Chappie” James Arena
Last Meeting: Savannah State defeated Tuskegee, 79-73 (February 19, 2022)
- All five starters for Tuskegee average at least 25 minutes per game along with all scoring over eight points per contest so far on the year.
- The Golden Tigers are led by Preseason Player of the Year in Ashiala Jackson(Merrillville, Ind.) and Preseason Defensive Player of the Year JuToreyia Willis(Chattanooga, Tenn.). Jackson averages 13.1 points, 9.2 rebounds and a block per game, while Willis is coming off a near triple double against Florida A&M and averages 13 points, 6.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists and just over three steals on the season.
- Brittney Bolin (Trophy Club, Texas) and Nadia Thorman-Mckey (Evanston, Ill.) are also double digit scorers so far, with Bolin 12.8 and Thorman-Mckey at 12.3 points and over five rebounds.
- As a team, the Golden Tigers average 72.0 points per game, and allow just 54.3 points defensively. They also currently have shooting splits of 41.1 percent from the floor, 31.9 percent from three-point range, and 62 percent from the free throw line.
- Defensively, Tuskegee averages 12.1 steals and 3.7 blocks per contest, helping them to score 23 points off turnovers per game compared to allowing just 13.1 points off turnovers.