Courtesy of Kentucky State Sports InformationCOLUMBUS, Ohio– The Kentucky State Thorobreds defeat their rival the Central State Marauders 20-6 at the Classic for Columbus inside Ohio Stadium.
The Game Book
- The Thorobreds rushed for a total of 322 yards compared to the Marauders 260 total offensive yards.
- Kentucky State controlled possession of the ball with a total of 33:53 minutes and nearly the entire third quarter 11:58.
- Sacked the Marauders seven times for 39 yards.
- Earned seven points from turnovers.
- Christopher Coneway led his team with 93 yards and averaged 7.2 yards per carry.
- Kendon Walker earned the longest rush of the day with 39 yards. He also secured one rushing touchdown and rushed for a total of 86 yards.
- Brett Sylve rushed for total of 74 yards and scored one touchdown.
How It Happened
02:00 – KSU | Brett Sylve found the endzone on a 6 yard run with the extra point being blocked by Central State. The rush was part of a quick five play 52 yard drive.
07:10 – KSU | Tyriq Henderson sacked and fumbled on the Central State 4 yard line that was recovered by Justin Hooks who returned for a four yard touchdown.
11:49 – CSU | J. Olibrice passed to J. Smith for a nine yard touchdown pass.
05:19 – KSU | Kendon Walker scores a touchdown on a 39 yard rush. A three play 42 yard series.
Post Game Quotes
There was excitement after the victory “It was exciting to get back out there, especially to come out with a victory against our rivals up north,” running back Sylve said after today’s win.
Kentucky State will return to Frankfort for their home opener against Kentucky Wesleyan September 11th at Alumni Stadium, kickoff is set for 1 p.m. a